Roscón de Reyes - Ring cake filled with candy fruit
|Posted in 101 SPANISH DESSERTS ebook, Roscón de Reyes - Ring cake filled with candy fruit , Cakes recipes, Tarts recipes, Fruit tarts, Chocolate recipes|
A large bun cake in the shape of a ring that is eaten at Epiphany made with candy fruits like orange, cherries, etc.
- 500 g flour
- 6 eggs
- 150 g butter
- 150 g sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 500 ml milk
- 1 lemon zest
- candy orange and cherries
- 1 surprise gift
- 300 g whipped cream
1. Dissolve the baking powder with several spoonfuls of milk. Take ¼ of the flour, make a well and mix with the baking powder then make a ball of soft dough.
2. This dough then has to be laid to rest, well covered, until it has grown to double its volume after approximately 2 hours.
3. Then beat together the rest of the flour with the eggs, sugar, the remaining milk, butter and lemon zest.
4. Knead the dough well until you obtain a compact and soft dough. Then the two pastries are mixed and both have to be left to rest covered and in a warm place for 2 hours.
5. After this, knead the dough again and place it on the tray with some flour over it.
6. Now is the moment when the characteristic wheel form has to be shaped (don't forget to introduce the gift surprise).
7. Then it is adorned with frosted fruits and all the dough is covered with yolk. Next sprinkle it with glazing sugar and put in a preheated oven to 160ºC.
8. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes. It is also very common to open the ‘roscon’ and fill it up with cream.
“Cover design by Rebecca Swift”
ISBN: 978-1-909610-22-4 Mobi
ISBN: 978-1-909610-23-1 ePub
(a "Learn Spanish 4 Life Series" ebook)
The authentic taste of "Sweet Spain" through its traditional confectionery. These Spanish recipes will reveal the delights of traditional Spanish sweet dishes, many of which have been handed down through generations. Easy to follow recipes allow you to create wonderful cakes, tarts, biscuits and cream delights. The purpose of these 101 Spanish dessert recipes, with traditional cakes and sweets, is to celebrate traditional Spanish home cooking "like Grandma used to make" and to encourage another generation to give it a try. 101 Spanish dessert recipes includes cakes, tarts, sponges, biscuits and much more. They are very simple recipes and all you need is passion and a desire to make the perfect dessert or cake. Our memories, triggered by certain dishes, go beyond the appearance, smell and taste of the food. It includes the way it was served: the tablecloth, the coffee cups, the ceramic cake plate. Often such memories extend to the rituals of preparing food. Perhaps you helped your mother or your grandma to make the dough, to sieve the flour, to add some water or maybe to sprinkle flour on to the pastry board.
My own early memories of home cooking date from my childhood when many food items were still rationed and expensive. As an adult, I look back at the food cooked by my mother and family. It gives me pleasure to introduce it to you, hoping these dishes will become part of your own culinary repertoire to delight friends and family. The power of food to unlock memories adds to the pleasure of cooking and eating food we enjoyed as children. Cooking when you are a child is immensely rewarding. It is shared fun, and introduces them to the deep creative satisfaction of preparing, cooking and serving food to family and friends. That is a good legacy for our future generations.
Where can I buy this ebook?
Learn the Spanish language to improve your business, for pleasure, in preparation for a holiday abroad or if you are hoping to extend your knowledge of the Spanish language. It doesn't matter whether you’re a student learning Spanish for the first time or an adult brushing up on the language before a business trip, there’s no better time to learn a language than right now.
Other Recommended Products: eReaders
101 TAPAS RECIPES ebook (14)
- Tortilla de patatas - Potato omelette recipe (1)
- Albóndigas de atún en salsa de tomate - Tuna meatballs in tomato sauce recipe (1)
- Albóndigas de Andalucía - Savoury meat balls from Andalucía recipe (1)
- Bacalla amb amanida al estilo catalán - Catalan salad with salted cod recipe (1)
- Champiñones al ajillo - Garlic mushrooms recipe (1)
- Huevos a la flamenca - Andalucía - Eggs Flamenca Andalucía style recipe (1)
- Patatas bravas - Spicy potatoes recipe (1)
- Patatas con ali-oli o all-i-oli - Potatoes with garlic mayonnaise (1)
- Tapas recipes (11)
- Aceitunas - Olives (3)
- Potato recipes (12)
101 SPANISH DESSERTS ebook (12)
- Bizcocho de avellanas cubierto de chocolate - Hazelnut chocolate cake recipe (1)
- Brazo de gitano - Gypsy arm roll recipe (1)
- Roscón de Reyes - Ring cake filled with candy fruit (1)
- Arroz con leche - Sweet rice with milk and cinnamon (1)
- Natillas - Custard (1)
- Roscos de vino - Sweet wine rings (1)
- Buñuelos de crema - Light cream puffs (1)
- Tortas de aceite - Small cakes made with olive oil (1)
- Magdalenas - Small sponge cakes (1)
- Bizcocho de chocolate - Chocolate cake recipe (1)
- Churros - Special sweet fried batter (1)
- Cakes recipes (11)
- Tarts recipes (11)
- Fruit tarts (11)
- Chocolate recipes (11)
THE MEDITERRANEAN DIET ebook (10)
- Paella - Paella recipe (1)
- Crema de calabaza - Cream of pumpkin soup recipe (1)
- Crema de tomate - Cream of tomato soup recipe (1)
- Crema de guisantes - Cream of pea soup recipe (1)
- Crema de esparrágos - Cream of asparagus soup recipe (1)
- Crema de champiñones - Mushroom soup recipe (1)
- Sopa de lentejas - Lentil soup recipe (1)
- Vegetables (8)
- Soups (8)
GRANDMA'S OLD RECIPES (in Spanish) (19)
- Arroz blanco - White rice (1)
- Arroz con guisantes - Rice with peas (1)
- Arroz integral - Brown rice (1)
- Arroz silvestre - Wild rice (1)
- Bocaditos de patatas con almendra - Potato snacks with almonds (1)
- Caldo gallego - Galicia style broth (1)
- Croquetas de patata - Potato croquettes (1)
- Fondo blanco de ternera - Light beef broth (1)
- Fondo oscuro de ternera - Dark beef broth (1)
- Patatas duquesa - Duchess potatoes (1)
- Patatas fritas - Potato chips (1)
- Potaje casero - Home stew (1)
- Puré de la huerta - Mashed garden vegetables (1)
- Puré de patata - Mashed potatoes (1)
- Salsa blanca a la mantequilla - White sauce with butter (1)
- Salsa de alcaparras y pepino - Capers and cucumber sauce (1)
- Salsa de tomate - Tomato sauce (1)
- Salsa vinagreta - Vinaigrette sauce (1)
- Sopa de ajo - Garlic soup (1)
- MENUS CULINARIOS DE ALTA CALIDAD (in Spanish) (6)